Eighth suspect arrested in innocent Bronx teen’s murder Police collared an eighth suspect Tuesday in the gang
Eighth suspect arrested in innocent Bronx teen’s murder Police collared an eighth suspect Tuesday in the gang murder of an innocent Bronx teen — as six others arrested in New Jersey were ordered back to New York to stand trial. Newly arrested Elvin Garcia was charged with murder, manslaughter and criminal possession of a weapon, police said. “The brutal nature of this crime, we will leave literally no stone unturned until we make sure that we get justice and we make sure that everyone involved in this incident are brought to justice,” NYPD Chief of Detectives Dermot Shea said in announcing the latest arrest.
Garcia was awaiting arraignment in Bronx Criminal Court Tuesday evening. News of the new arrest came as a New Jersey judge ordered the extradition of six suspects captured in Paterson Sunday. The crew — Danel Fernandez, Joniki Martinez, Jose Muniz, Jose Taverez, Manuel Rivera and Santiago Rodriguez — appeared in Passaic County Court in New Jersey on Tuesday. Another suspect, Kevin Alvarez, was arrested in the Bronx and pleaded not guilty to murder charges Monday night. The reputed members of the ruthless Dominican gang Trinitarios are accused of slaughtering 15-year-old aspiring NYPD detective Lesandro “Junior” Guzman-Feliz outside a Bronx deli last week because they mistook him for someone who made a sex tape with one of the gangsters’ sisters, police sources said. But their public defender whined in court that their families have been threatened. Judith Fallon, deputy public defender for Passaic County, said the six men are “extremely concerned” for their families in the wake of their arrests. “Social media has been very active about this case. Their families are being threatened, children,” she said. The suspects will be transferred to Bronx Criminal Court on Wednesday, according to DA Darcel Clark. City Councilman Ritchie Torres is calling on Clark to lock them up and throw away the keys. “Gang members who drag a young teen out of a bodega and then hack him to death repeatedly with knives and a machete deserve to rot in prison for the rest of their lives,” he wrote in a letter obtained by The Post.